- Simplify. Use the move as an opportunity to de-clutter your life. A garage sale is a great way to raise money for moving costs. Getting rid of unused, broken and out-dated items can be a huge relief in itself, plus you won't have to pack, move, and unpack all of the extra weight. Donate anything left over to a local charity, or post items for sale on eBay and/or Craigslist.
- Organize. Try to avoid packing in haste. This is how items get broken or damaged, plus it makes it much more difficult and time-consuming to unpack everything. Keep items of similarity together: décor, kitchen ware, linens, toys, consumables, etc. and be sure to clearly label all boxes.
- Think Ahead. When packing things into the moving vehicle, think ahead for what you will want/need out first and remember to pack those things last so they will be the most accessible.
- Special Care. Take special care with items of value and sentiment. We recommend moving items like this in your own vehicle for added peace of mind.
- Get a Head Start. Don't wait until the last minute to begin the moving process. Pack whatever you can, as soon as it is convenient. The sooner you begin, the less work and the less stress you will have on moving day.